Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Got Stoned!

Even though the evening temperatures have been dipping significantly here in Colorado, the daytime highs are still in the 90s.  When you step outside, it is inevitable that you will  perspire sweat.   I have been on the hunt for all-natural deodorants for several reasons:
  • Concern regarding reports that ingredients in most commercial products can have negative effects on long-term health
  • My skin has been irritated by many of the products I've used in the past
  • The same products haven't been consistently effective 
  • My two oldest are approaching their tween years, and I want to start them off on all-natural products
I must admit that I was skeptical about finding a natural deodorant that would work as well as the popular ones I usually buy.  The few natural products that I've sampled in the past didn't do the job, no matter what the labels promised.  Last weekend, I purchased a deodorant stone made out of mineral salts.  My husband started using one a few weeks ago and kept telling me how effective it was on him.  I decided to get one for myself, and it's been working great!
This is the specific product I've started using, and the one my husband has been using is the Sprouts store brand.  Here's an informative and transparent article about a woman's journey to find an all-natural product, with resources listed at the end of it.  Like the author of this article, I've tried a few products that didn't work for me.  Instead of giving up, I needed to keep searching until I found what did work with my body chemistry.    There have been many commercial products that didn't work either, and using one with simple, natural ingredients brings me tremendous relief.

Recently, when I went into Whole Foods to peruse their selection of deodorants, I was surprised at the variety of choices!  I picked a spray product for my oldest to try, and she's says it's working great for her.  There are many alternatives available.  

We may not be able to make drastic changes to our lifestyle, but every time we choose something that is simple and more natural, I believe we are making a choice that benefits our health. Like making the switch to an all-natural deodorant.

I am sharing my personal experience and have not been asked to review products and have not been compensated in any way.            

No comments:

Post a Comment